SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 30 MkI inleted full width traveler
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Cal33 View Post
I used to own the above boat, hull No. 121 made in 1971/2 and am now looking to move back to a similar boat. My question: that boat had a traveler located just in front of the wheel pedestal which went the full width of the cockpit and was inleted into the seat on each side just behind each of the seat hatches. I have never seen that setup in any other 30 but can't believe it was unique. Does anyone have any information that would indicate the production run; hull no's from x to y that had that same configuration?
I have a "72 30 MK1. My traveler is located in front of the wheel. Here is a a photo. The traveler on this boat was originally located further aft, but was changed by the first owner when the wheel was installed.

I am pretty sure that the original set up was for the tiller and if a wheel was factory the traveler was moved further forward.

My boats traveler works out very well in it's current configuration. For single handing it's close enough to the wheel to be easily adjusted but far enough forward where crew and work it without getting in the way of the helmsperson. It's also far enough froward not to get in the way of entering or exiting the companionway. Also far enough the main sheet makes a nice back rest when sitting facing aft at anchor or on a relaxing point of sail.

My boat will be coming up for sale if you are interested PM me.

I have seen other boats with a similar configuration.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRYSAIL PHOTOS 031.jpg (92.1 KB, 137 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook