1. You must get a crabbing permit.
2. Must use trot line no more than 600 ft.
3. No crab pot unless your are property owner
4. Get up early before dawn when crab is feeding. After sun goes up, the crabs will release the bait long before you have a chance to net them.
5. Some spots are better than other. No one will give away their spot. Hints. Go where the most the watermen go,
6. Marina? No crabs.
7. I used to fetch 1 bushel in two hr from 5:30 am to 7:30 am.
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.