SailNet Community - View Single Post - Human Slobs
Thread: Human Slobs
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011

dropanchorfor3 is on a distinguished road
Human Slobs

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][Let me start out by saying when my gf surprised me on my B-day yesterday with a sunset sail cruise out past lido beach I was in ahhh. It was beautiful and made me think how much more I would rather be on the water then land most of the time.
But I can't believe the things we saw, Dolphins swimming and jumping out of the water, the haze of the sun as it slowly goes down and the but load of litter in our waters. Are you kidding me, the 3rd rated best beach in the country "they say" and it looks like crap. Earlier we were at Lido Beach all day and again nothing but plastic bottle caps, everywhere, and cigarette butts, just very trashy.
I know we had 4-5 days of some stormy weather here but give ma a break, this is absolutely embarrassing, know wonder Americans have such a bad and lazy name. If your gowning to enjoy these beaches and views don't you think you can pick your **** up and throw it away. There are designated recycle and garbage cans available at all the exits of the beach.
When we were out in are cruise there were 6 people anchored by a channel sign and in the water drinking and we were watching them throw there cancer sticks in the water. I wonder what else they threw in our waters.
The bottom line is it makes me sick to think that we are classified as lazy dumb Americans who just don't care and are going to ruin this for everybody. Pick your crap up and help save are beaches and waters, or stay the hell home. And what's worse is some of the younger dumber crowed think it's cool to litter.
I guess if know one cares then we have nothing to look forward to. And even the northerners who claim Florida there home and have lived here for ever, part time don't care ether. I think you sailors who spend your lives cruising these waters and enjoying these views might have the right idea. Living at sea and from place to place may just keep you from seeing and smelling how bad it really is.
I love these beaches and the waters and spent a better part of 30 min or so picking up after slobs. I do feel a bit better about those plastic objects not making it into the sea. But it wasn't even a dent...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook