SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kanberra gel
Thread: Kanberra gel
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
We are in full heat season now and the two small units I had in the heads are empty. I decided to go for it and get three 4 oz containers. I have three air handlers for the separate A/C units, so I opened one inside of each intake on Fri. On Sat night, we went out for several hours, which is usually just enough time for your nose to "de-acclimate" and you again notice the subtle boat smell when you return. We walked down the companionway and were pleasantly surprised. It was like walking in the front door of the house. No boat odor and just the slightest hint of the fragrance.

Its pricey, but the larger containers last for two to three months and they sell refills now.

I can't say that it is actually killing bacteria, as it claims, but it feels better thinking it does than if you were just masking odors.

We will be closed up and away for three days and are anxious to see what it is like when we return. We have the A/C units on dehumidify when away, which only runs a few times per day, so we'll see if that is enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 07-10-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook