SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can u sail/motor up to Yardley Pa?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
PB, it's a resounding "No" Height of tide is at Trenton Falls, It's a ledge that defines the tidal from the fresh water river. Some very gutsy Bass boaters zoom up and down there but they must know where the rocks are. It's a great canoe trip river all the way from New York on down to Yardley. Lots of very well used and nice campsites are along the river also. Most all of the Delaware is shallow enough to walk across, although the current makes it almost impossible. There are deeper sections. One is between New Hope and Washington crossing..another above the wing dams at Lumberville. to French Town, The Yardley access is just below Scudders Falls. Trenton Marine is the last real marina on the Tidal part. KatManDo is boater friendly I understand. The shipping channel is maintained from Trenton to the Ocean.

I've sailed up to Borden Town. it's a nice river but you have to use the flow of tide to really enjoy it. There are lots of things to do also so all is not lost above Phila, like some people beleive. Tuesday evenings there is racing between Burlington and Bristol.

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deniseO30; 07-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook