SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is there anything you miss?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
Bit of nostalgia. I cruised for a while in the 90s on a boat without refrigeration. I was in the Eastern Caribbean most of the time and the ingredients for a salad esp. fresh lettuce were just not available.

I lusted after a fresh crisp bowl of salad and it was high on the agenda when I hit the Publix supermarket in Palm Beach.

I hit the fresh produce section and had an immediate anxiety attack. Why well I had fantasized about being able to get crisp lettuce but had not thought about which kind. Laid out in rows were 20 or more different types all crisp and dewey.

I came close to a breakdown trying to choose.
This kind of reaction to the abundance of choices, it seems, is weirdly common -when we came back to the US after 3 months in the Bahamas, I was paralyzed by over 50 varieties of mustard in the store. Mustard! And blogged about it here:
Plenty!! | Jaye Lunsford - Life Afloat | Blogs (www.HometownAnnapolis.com - The Capital)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook