SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Yanmar throttle

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  norsearayder 
#1 ·
The throttle cable on my Yanmar 2GM20F is very difficult to move. I disconnected it from the engine and found that the problem is not with the cable linkage but with the arm that connects to the engine itself. Why is the arm so difficult to move? Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Yanmar Throttle

The speed control arm is difficult to move whether or not the engine is running.
Seems to work just fine, just seems that it should operate much more easily. I have to put a lot of muscle into increasing and reducing throttle.

#6 ·
The throttle control for our Yanmar on our Edson column has an adjustment screw inside to vary the resistance. However, it has to be set with a lot of resistance to keep the throttle from creeping down on its own. So, I don't consider the difficulty moving it as a problem so much as a solution.

#11 ·
My throttle creeps down but if I set the drag harder it is too hard to move - The solution is one of those little bungee cords that gives just enough tension to keep it where I put it. It has worked fine for three or four years now - Might be time for a new bungee soon though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.