SailNet Community - View Single Post - Volvo MD2010 won't bleed
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011
Banned

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot View Post
Thanks Dabnis, I removed and cleaned the tank last year when my Racor kept clogging too quickly. So new fuel and suspect minimal debris to clog anything. Ran great for all season.
One thing that surprised me was the Racor is mounted near or at the same level as the top of the tank. So the fuel route is up out of the tank, down to the shutoff, up to the Racor and then down again to the lift pump, then to the primary filter. I'm not sure why the Racor would not be mounted lower. Figured tomorrow I'd remove the fuel line from the lift pump as I think there should be some good siphon type flow there, right? If not then there is air in the line someplace??
Has it always done that or just started? Any changes made to the system recently? I think that even with the Racor filter being near the top of the tank
that if there were no air leaks the siphon effect would be there at the lift pump. Probably would be better if the Racor was below the tank level? Sounds like an air leak between the tank and the lift pump, maybe in the Racor or it's connections. The electric pump mentioned above would probably show where the leak is and could be handy when bleeding the system and for backup. I think they can have a flow through feature so you could only power it up when you wanted to.

Dabnis
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook