SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cameras on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Quote:
Rockdawg-"I am afraid that terrorists has become less an enemy than our own government"

You gotta be kidding. Thats a very smug cavalier statement and cannot go unchallenged, even in this thread You must not have had very much contact with real terrorism. Guess you didnt loose anyone in 9/11 like I did or you havent seen childrens limbs hanging from street signs after a Hamas/ Hezbullah school bus bombing in Isreal like I have. You werent in England obviously when the subways were attacked. The cameras there prevented other terrorist attacks from being carried out.

I work in US Capitol building itself, the target of the third hijacked plane which was knocked down by heroic Americans in Schwenksville, Pa. I am glad they search everyone who comes in the building carefully. I am glad the sharpshooters are p;ositioned on the roof. I am glad they take security seriously. The collection of knives, guns and weapons they have confiscated is unbeleivable. People circling the building have been caught with weapons.

I prefer everyone is searched...thoroughly...just like El Al does it. If you dont want to be searched that way..guess what you have the option to walk, drive or take a slow boat. It is not your cival right to fly...nor is it protected by the Constitution. I dont want to be endangered by your carelessless or lack or understanding the gravity of the terrorists motives. 3 planes killed over 3000 people, My friend is a United pilot. I dont want him endangered by lack of adequate security. Its not will they use planes or the airways.... they already have.

Have you ever sailed close to the big cruise ship which departs Baltimore every Sunday evening at 5 and makes its way down the Chesapeake? Get too close and the MP or CG come out and "threaten" you away with armed vessels. Why you ask.....big terrorist target. Imagine destroying one of these vessels under the Key or Chesapeake Bay bridge, the loss of life and blowing up the bridge as well as blocking the shipping channel. They caught men with cameras 1 years ago scoping out the bridge to destroy it. If that means their are cameras,,,,so be it. Thank goodness someone takes the threat seriously.

Terrorists are real....and they are our enemy and they truly are the real enemy, not our government. They want to kill us just because we beleive in the AMERICAN way or are Americans.. Thats the only reason. Our governement is far from perfect and we have the right and the neccessity to be protected from it. Terrorists are part of our lives inn America now...just like they have been part of the lives of those in Isreal and Europe for decades. Get used to it and help prevent terrorists from killing more innocent Americans.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 07-18-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook