SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wanted: Insight & Wisdom for Living Aboard
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
Most of the laundry facilities in marinas have a big shelf of trade paperbacks. These can be jammed into your laundry bag; tossed into your dinghy; left in the rain and sun; forgotten on the deck; stepped on; dog chewed and still remain legible. They also provide readily available paper to write down Coast Guard VHF alerts and light list notices or lat & longs for the "pan..pans".. If they are totally lost or destroyed the economic damage is somewhere between zero and fifty cents! If I were a more responsible person I might buy an electronic reader, but with my casual tromp through fine literature, I'll stay with the book that is sometimes left in my dinghy! Take care and joy, Aythya crew
Yes, it's quite a dilemma - benefits either way. Really, no decision to read and take in new information is a 'bad' idea, whether you do it digitally or hardcopy ... Downsizing - with digital aid | Jaye Lunsford - Life Afloat | Blogs (www.HometownAnnapolis.com - The Capital)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook