SailNet Community - View Single Post - Watch Hill, Block and other questions
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 07-20-2011
Mavriikk

Aldiamo aldiamo

Just to update this post i would like to tell my story. I just spent 12 days on Block this year on my Hunter 25.5 and it was great. I did not care to pay for a mooring and i toughed it out in the anchorage for an extended period. I was there for the dreaded 4th and it was indeed packed. I stayed on the boat for a while to soak the anchor to feel better about leaving the boat. I did however have an over sized anchor and a good sandy bottom to hook into so once i got the confidence i started the vacation...

I did run into some people dragging through some rafts and some ignorance but for the most part even though it was packed it was doable. I would like to say this about the harbor master, great job sir. This guy handled a lot of situations very professionally and safely. I especially liked that he spoke over his loud speaker and was clear and decisive with all of his instruction.

To end this i would say cheers to the Oar and Champlins and the National and the Kitten and Poor Peoples Pub as i frequented them often. Many thanks to Aldo for delivering fresh coffee and apple turnovers to the boat every morning.

Kyle,
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome