SailNet Community - View Single Post - Watch Hill, Block and other questions
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011

Mavriikk is on a distinguished road
Aldiamo aldiamo

Just to update this post i would like to tell my story. I just spent 12 days on Block this year on my Hunter 25.5 and it was great. I did not care to pay for a mooring and i toughed it out in the anchorage for an extended period. I was there for the dreaded 4th and it was indeed packed. I stayed on the boat for a while to soak the anchor to feel better about leaving the boat. I did however have an over sized anchor and a good sandy bottom to hook into so once i got the confidence i started the vacation...

I did run into some people dragging through some rafts and some ignorance but for the most part even though it was packed it was doable. I would like to say this about the harbor master, great job sir. This guy handled a lot of situations very professionally and safely. I especially liked that he spoke over his loud speaker and was clear and decisive with all of his instruction.

To end this i would say cheers to the Oar and Champlins and the National and the Kitten and Poor Peoples Pub as i frequented them often. Many thanks to Aldo for delivering fresh coffee and apple turnovers to the boat every morning.

Kyle,
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook