SailNet Community - View Single Post - NEXUS Instruments - Experience with?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011

catamount is on a distinguished road
I have a suite of Nexus NX2 instruments networked with the FDX server -- my set up includes two Multi control display units, a digital wind display unit, with wired wind, depth, and speed transducers, as well as the HPC compass, and an MOB button. I like the system very much, I have found it to be very powerful, providing access to a lot of useful data. I am contemplating adding the analog steer pilot instrument and perhaps a navigator or another multi instrument...

I do not have any experience with the Nexus autopilot; rather I have a Raymarine SmartPilot X5 tillerpilot GP, to which I feed wind data from the Nexus FDX server -- you can program what NMEA sentences the Nexus server sends out, which allows you to send wind data multiple times per cycle, and that seems to work fairly well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a new voice for ocean conservation
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook