SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
I have just tested if Home*|*YACHT.DE is offering up to date information. They do and so I figured out what this is...
:-)
Looks like heavy.
Yes, that's were I have got the information

That's the new Bavaria Vision, the first of the new series, a 46ft.

About being a bit heavy that should not surprise because Bavaria had opted to stop the race for the lighter boat and concentrate on doing solid boats. They now own Dufour and Grand Soleil for lighter and faster boats.

This one is going to be a pure cruiser but remember that the Vision boats were faster and had a better B/D ratio than the "normal" cruisers from Bavaria. I bet this one is continuing that trend, more heavy than the competition but with a better B/D and that means with more "power" to use sails.

The boat is designed by Farr and it looks a lot better than previous Bavaria. Let's hope that the design is not misleading and hope that Bavaria has put a good interior designer doing the inside. That is one of the weak points of Bavarias regarding French and Italian boats: Same quality interior, but worse design.

By the way, Bavarias, almost all range, was tested by the "Bluewater magazine" and they say almost embarrassingly well of all the boats. They got wind and sailed the boats impressively fast.

I had read the full review, were they talk about speeds but for the ones that are interested in this type of boats here is a short resume:

http://www.bavariayachts.com/blog/wp...in-america.pdf

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 07-22-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook