SailNet Community - View Single Post - NEXUS Instruments - Experience with?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. Almost all boats here come from the factory with Raymarine and some with Simrad but Salona has made a deal with them and now all Salonas come with Nexus instruments and auto pilot (but they can mount Raymarine if it is prefered). I had little information about the Nexus and you have helped a lot.

Catamout can you explain why do you want to mount an analog steer pilot in a Raymarine autopilot? I am not criticizing, I don't know the system, just trying to understand the advantages (I am sure you have a good reason).

I think Nexus has something to do with Silva, the old Swedish brand. They offer also what I find to be the better binoculars for a price. Very good quality at a not very high price for that quality. When I bought them I have tested them against some Steiner models (2 or 3 times more expensive). Guess what, with low light (interior of a big boat fair) the Silva (now called Eterna) were sharper and more luminous. I was so surprised I bought them on the spot. I had the previous model.

http://www.nexusmarine.se/templates/Products____40.aspx?epslanguage=EN&productId={E47C44B1-7FAE-492F-9B08-A1DE8A92BF03}

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook