SailNet Community - View Single Post - OK, i have 3 free days in the Annapolis area...
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Fawcett's is a boating store that carries a pretty good selection of stuff. Heck the West Marine Store in Naptown is worth a stop in my book as they carry a lot more sailing stuff in stock than most WM's. APS has a great selection of line in stock, but the store is not all that IMHO. Possibly because I own and sail a larger keel boat and APS seems to focus on smaller one design racers.

Re: Chick and Ruth's I never thought it was all that bad. It is crowded for sure and you will get to know the folks at the next table. But I never saw roaches or any evidence the place was less sanitary than any other restaurant.

What do we think about Davis' Pub? I've never been there, but my brother who lived in Annapolis for a short assignment loved the place and we don't often disagree on restaurants.

Otherwise, I can't say a love any eating establishment in Annapolis. If you make it to B'more, go to Fells Point. There are several good places to eat. Check the CB Eats thread for ideas. I like mussels so we go to Bertha's when we've been up there, but several places within a 2-3 block area get good reviews.

After dinner, go to to Max's Taphouse. No question the best place in town (perhaps in Maryland) for a beer afficianado.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook