SailNet Community - View Single Post - OK, i have 3 free days in the Annapolis area...
View Single Post
post #24 of Old 07-22-2011
Mermaid Hunter
Lot's of opinions, including mine. I line up with the other locals. Davis' Pub is pretty good and a great place to meet local sailors on Wed and Thu nights after beer can races. Boatyard is nice, but can be loud. Carrol's Creek is nicer and accordingly more expensive but a great view. Chart House lounge is less expensive than the dining room with a better view of the finish of Wed races and more comfortable seats. The best view is from the deck of Eastport Yacht Club - find a member to take you in. Leeward Market in Eastport is great for breakfast, as is Ken's Kitchen at ALM. Best Chinese in 25 miles is Jack's Fortune next to the Giant. Parthenon is a very good Greek place. Jack's and Parthenon are a reasonable walk from the dinghy dock at Back Creek Nature Park.

Oh - for touristy things there is a great horse-drawn carriage that leaves from the base of Main Street.

sail fast and eat well, dave
S/V Auspicious
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome