SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Pearson 26 owner
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011

rhr1956 is on a distinguished road
Call Richard Clary at Lavida Starships in Lewisville. He has a hydraulic trailer and can move the boat for you. Home Page

Also...I bought a 1978 26 One Design in March. Had to replace the rudder. Other than that it is very clean, solid and original. The original part I like because it's not hacked up with someone else's carpentry/electrician/plumbing efforts. Came with two head sails (100 & 150) in very good condition and a main that is clean with no stains but a little soft. I just finished making a cockpit grate and it turned out pretty nice. I've also made new handrails for the cabintop and refinished the wood around the companionway. I made a new box for the electric panel. The original was too shallow so I made the new one a little deeper. Added a simple depthfinder too. Got a new Nissan 6hp long shaft outboard. Now I'm working on the hull sides. Sanding, compounding, polishing and waxing. I'm fixing a couple gouges in the gel coat first and removing the old numbers, boat name and stripe. Got new decals ready to go on when finished. The only thing I don't like about it is it's YELLOW. Yuck...the wife likes it though.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook