SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley cutting board
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Dave/ Shaun,

Knowing both of you guys personally, I would expect a "higher" quality of kitchen awareness from you both. I do not beleive the average boater takes such precautions.

The key here is that you properly sanitize. So how many people here actually do you think actually spray the boards with a bleach or white vinegar solution after each task.I am still waiting here for more raised hands. I applaud your use of a "sanitizer" and agree about using seperate boards for poultry. Wonder how many people actually do that besides us? Still no other hands...huh..

I would bet the average boat they only wash the boards with soap and water and let air dry. Ill bet also they have only one cutting board also.

Its probably why the FDA demands for no wooden boards in a commercial establishment take place. It is based on what the average person or establish does.

Quote:
Seriously, no visible sign of growth on the boards.
Of course you cant see the bacteria that gets you ill

I will continue to eact anything Dave and Shaun make, not only will the quality be top notch, but it will be safe also. grin...grin

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook