SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kinsale to Annapolis (and back again).

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011   #1
datswite

datswite is on a distinguished road
Kinsale to Annapolis (and back again).

Hey, all! I'm fairly new to sailing; this is my second season. We keep our 27' Hunter at Port Kinsale on the Yeocomico River. I've had a variety of experiences on the water to include some really nasty blows near Smith Point. Terrifying and thrilling at the same time.

We've made several 3-4 day trips around the tidal Potomac to include: Tangier Island, Great Wicomico, Little Wicomico, Breton Bay, Smith Creek, etc. However, we're looking for something more grand.

We have 7 days available beginning August 31st. We hope to sail from our home port to Annapolis and back. I'm looking for some suggestions/advice on the trip. Given favorable conditions, we hope to make it to Solomons on day 1 (34 miles), Rhode River on Day 2 (40 miles), and Spa Creek on Day 3 (12.5 miles). If it goes as planned, we'll have an extra day to make up lost time.

Assuming that the wind cooperates, does this sound reasonable?
datswite is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook