SailNet Community - View Single Post - I had a great sail today.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
We had a really nice sail yesterday evening. The wind was light (8-10) - but it was awesome just being out with the wife and kids.

We anchored just off "Sometimes Islands". These only appear when the lake gets low - and it's now so low that these islands are becoming a peninsula. It's still not quite as bad as it was last year - but it's getting close. 100+ temps and no rain are taking their toll.

Once they got the anchor set, I threw all of them off the boat...

And then settled in for a nice cold beer...

At that point, I thought I'd conquered the missus and the little punks, until I look aft and spotted another one sneaking up on me...

So, off he went too...

With the boat all to myself, I pulled up the anchor and left them all on Sometimes Island...

I assured them they'd be perfectly safe until monsoon season. I'll probably go get them after work today.

Heh-heh.

(PS - These photos were taken in the water with an iPhone in an AquaBox case. It does distort and blur the images somewhat - but not too bad. It would not take photos underwater through. Don't know why. Phone survived it just fine.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 07-25-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook