SailNet Community - View Single Post - Novice
Thread: Novice
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011

MoreToLife is on a distinguished road
Novice

Hello all,

My Name is Ryan. I have always loved sailing, but have rarley gotten the opportunity to go. I plan on buying a sail boat in a few years when I feel comfortable enough with my abilities and skills. I currently am stationed at Cannon Air Force Base in New Mexico. Needless to say their is relatively little to no sailing around my area.

I have always wanted to go on or be apart of a crew where I could learn as much as I possible could during the trip. I however have not had a chance yet to set sail, much to my dismay. I joined this web site in hopes of finding anyone who could help me with the former.

I am merely twenty years old and a hard worker. I work nights as an aircraft maintainer and go to school full time during the day. I would like to take a break during the spring or summer semester next year and possibly set sail with a crew. I know this dream of mine may seem far fetch for some and may be asking alot from the captain to take an inexperinced crew member aboard, but I am sick of just waiting for the right time. There is no such thing as the right time. Time continues to escape me as I sit and wait and do nothing.

Anyways, I will continue to reguarly view this website/profile/fourm in hopes of finding somthing similiar to what I am looking for.

Best Regards,

Ryan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook