SailNet Community - View Single Post - OK, i have 3 free days in the Annapolis area...
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011

AnderCranster is on a distinguished road
Heheh, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

We're WAAAAY more interested in sailing venues, stores, shops etc than we are the food. My first career was as a sous chef in northern california, so if we really need it I'll cook it.

We live 40 minutes from a land locked lake and have literally one boating store... We're _really excited_ when we've got 7 knots of wind, because it doesn't happen often.

So for us, coming to this area is like an Elvis fan visiting Graceland.

We just got back from Ocean City, MD where we stayed across the road from Seacrets in an incredible condo owned by a friend. That was a great start.

Tomorrow morning we're headed out early to Annapolis. I've got a list of rigging and deck parts that I want to buy, as well as some sheets, etc. So I plan on squeezing every bit of enjoyment out of that that I can.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but for me there isn't much in the world that can compare to the beauty of a sailboat. Whether it's a model, a painting or the real thing. I can literally spend hours just looking at one sailboat. Getting to know its lines and appreciating every inch of it.

Ok, gotta get some sleep. Thanks again for all of the great information.