SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Electromaax

Long story short I have been looking for a new supplier of alternators, regs and pulley kits due to some "quality" issues I have been seeing pop up on a more regular basis with other manufacturers.

About a month ago I began working with Electromaax out of Canada, I believe they also ship out of the US as well, and these guys have been FABULOUS.

John has been prompt when returning my calls, answers the phone and has bent over backwards to accommodate some of my needs and my customers needs including adding the manufacturing of a serpentine pulley kit for a Universal M-25 engine to their line up, which NO ONE currently offered.

I am going to first install a kit on my own boat before jumping in with both feet on a customers boat but I trust it will work out based on my research and how accommodating Electromaax has been. They even went so far as to custom machine, for a slight added fee, the crank pulley to accommodate my custom Sea Frost refrigeration pulley. In order to do this John actually contacted Cleve at Sea Frost and bought the pulley so it would be a PERFECT fit for me!!! Wow!! Most companies will never go to this length to satisfy a customer.

During my research I also contacted a MAJOR sailboat builder who has been using Electromaax alts on all their boats above 36 feet. They have not had a single failure, and they switched for a reason.

All I can honestly report on currently is how well I have been treated thus far. When I get the product installed I will report more.

I would say that when looking for a new high performance alternator to not over look Electromaax

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook