SailNet Community - View Single Post - Retrofit or Not?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011

patrscoe is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all your comments. You have confused me even more... not your fault. All your comments make sense, maybe too much sense.

I do love working on our sailboat and previously owned sailboats. Please, don't think that I want to turn a profit if I sell her, I just don't want to sink excessive costs and more importantly, excessive time, time that was taken away from my family, work and sailing. Working on sailboats is one thing but spending every extra time you have to get her ready, is another thing. I am thinking, there are a handful of sailboats, maybe only 5 to 10 years newer (our P35 is 73'), but with the interior layout and the upgrades already completed, or was included in the original design of the sailboat. I can make all these changes to our current sailboat with minimum costs but again, a lot of time. But what it lacks, it gains in other areas. NO hit against Hunters but we were sailing in a ASA course last month and the instructor's sailboat was a 2010 31 Hunter, really nice and motored on a dime (unlike our P35) but everytime a wake came our way, we bounced around and when she sailed, it seem like no matter how we fine tune the trim, it didn't matter much. Our P35, has a heavy displacement and cuts through the waves like nothing, sails so smooth and trims really nice.

I obviously need to put more thought into this, continue making some upgrades and perhaps make a decision this Fall.
Thanks Again.
Patrick

S2 11.0A 36'
Kinsale, Va
Tanzer 16'
Moseley, Va
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook