SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from Neah Bay to San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011
Coastal Sailor

SalishCraig is on a distinguished road
Sailing south from Neah Bay to San Francisco

I enjoyed reading the responces to my post. I cannot wait to sail but I have to admit that I feel just a bit nervous about making that left turn past Cap Flattery.

Departure date is Sept 4th and I still have much to do. My liost includes: rebuild windlass, replace scupper hoses, rebuild toilet, install jack lines, buy a smaller inflatable, replace reef lines, buy teathers for crew, inventory spare parts, change engine oil and filters.

My son and a good friend will make up the crew headed to San Francisco. I'll be home schooling my son on the trip. He'll be in 11th grade and we have correspondance courses set up for English, Math and US History. I'd like to have a good supply of reading materials to supplement his text books.

Can anyone recommend any good books (non-fiction adventure, history, or fictional adventure) that take place on the west coast that might grab my son's attention and imagination?

I read "My OLd Man and the Sea" and it made me think about the bonding between father and son on a blue water cruise and I'm really looking forward to that part of our adventure.

Fair Winds!

Craig
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook