SailNet Community - View Single Post - Thoughts on a Beneteau 42CC
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011

SamV1 is on a distinguished road
Just an update - My wife and I just got back from sailing the Caribbean from December 2009 until September 2010 in our Beneteau 42 CC 2003 Kokopelli.
Having done extensive sailing starting in 1987 with a year long sailing among the Indian Ocean Islands and now this trip, I can tell you that the Benny 42 CC was an absolute pleasure to sail with 2 couples on board. We sailed from Houston - Mexico - Jamaica - PR - USVI - BVI - St Maarten - all the way down to St Lucia and back via Bahamas and Florida back to Houston. She was fast, secure, comfortable and got constant admiring comments in every marina we entered. We had plenty of packing space, water supplies and diesel and our genset came in very handy for aircon/microwave and charging in those out islands. The only thing I would change is to increase the freezer capacity and add engine driven compressor. I adore the boat but after the islands Houston just doesnt cut it so we are selling the boat. She is FULLY LOADED with all electronics and additional gear purchased in late 2009. Please google "Beneteau 42 CC Houston" to see full description and pics. To all those wondering whether Beneteau Oceanis are true blue water boats I say a resounding YES,particularly the Oceanis built in France as this was! Cheers, Sam.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook