SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at two C30s This Weekend!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011
On The Learning Curve

veprjack is on a distinguished road
Jim,

YES - I usually have a very good gut instinct. In the past, my impulsive nature has sometimes overruled my gut instincts with poor results. My impulsive nature is NOT a good thing to have when looking at making such a BIG and EMOTIONAL decision that, because I will be leaving a lot behind to live aboard, will affect me for a LONG time to come. This would be a really good time for me to listen to my gut and walk away when it tells me to. It would probably take a few years for me to be able to buy another boat, so I'll have to literally LIVE with this decision for at least that long.

When one adds the big changes for me in "walking away from terra firma", to the huge learning curve ahead (in terms of seamanship, maintenance, etc.), it's a little intimidating. But, I'm committed to doing this so... With persistence, research, study, and the great resources/people on this forum, I'm looking forward to listening to my gut and then cutting the umbilical cord to learn a new way of life and skills as I begin a new chapter. With apologies for sounding overly DRAMATIC! lol...

Thanks,
Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook