SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do I need radar reflector in my situation?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hi Frank,

Aren't the Davis Echomasters like 25-80 bucks, depending on which one you get? A nice dinner out for one - or in my case, just a bloody trip to McDonalds with the kids.

I think it was CWorld that did a write up and test on them a few months back. Will have to excuse the exact time of the article, but I have slept since then. I think you can run through their archives and find it. As I recall, they gave the cheapo little Davis a good write-up.

I would be less concerned about the times you are vigilantly watching than the times you are not. 25 bucks? 80 bucks? Well, that is a lot of beer, but in terms of a boat, not much money.

I will contradict myself on one thing which I would like to point out and you mentioned: Freighters, barges, and Sea Rays... it is not as if they will steer around you even if they did see you. They DO own the sea, you know.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook