We kept our last boat in Reedville for 10 years. Good anchoring in the following locations. Note that the smell from the factory can be bad in the area of #29. Just a few degrees west and it's usually clear (#1). If one site smells, go to the other. You have no idea how bad it smelled in the 80's BEFORE the scrubbers were added.
1. PAST the fish factory and on the right fork (#29).
2. PAST the fish factory and on the center fork (near #24). I don't prefer this anchorage because it's kind of exposed.
3. PAST the fish factory and left (#1) in front of Buzzard's Point Marina. Gas and Diesel there too. Kept our boat there until our daughter was 6 and wanted other kids. Not much there other than the tour boats to Tangier but it's mostly clean and has showers.
4. Sandy Point (#28) but I don't prefer it because there is always a swell from passing boats or the Bay
5. Up river ~5 nm at INSIDE Horn harbor (tight to get in but magical).
6. Off Horn Harbor House restaurant, near Horn Harbor. Duh...
7. Mill creek near #17, #18, or #19.
8. Never been in #6 or #7. Too shallow.
I would not anchor near #3 or #4. Too much swell and traffic (commercial & pleasure)
Sabre 38 "Victoria"