SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Insurance companies for the over 30 ft boats?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 08-02-2011
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
Singlehanded insurance very hard to find

Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Thanks for the name. I just checked their Jackline policy, they require 2 crews on the boat. The old, lonely, fat and single male is out.

Hahaha.... now I can legitimately request a female crew - must be less than 30, red head who can cook and clean and can do massage too.
Good luck finding insurance for extended singlehanded cruising. Jackline requires 2 and this is better than many policies that require at least three crew for long passages. At least the Jackline policy recognizes that many couples are out there cruising.

Also good luck getting the designated crew - you may find that redheads have major problems with the sun. Hope you like freckles.

Back home on Lake Ontario after something over 36,000 nm circumnavigator. Not surprisingly there is a lot of stuff I want to get done on Ainia both cosmetically and functionally. Getting an early start so it will be ready to go for next summer (Lake Superior?).
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome