SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dangerous Wakes Revisited
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011

Ninefingers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser2B View Post
I think the problem boils down to lack of respect for your fellow man....lets face it no one gives a crap about anyone or anything anymore. COMMON COURTESY IS GONE! I was taught common courtesy at a young age. for example... Kids walk in the street like they own it regardlass if there is a car. when i was a kid i would get a swift smack to the back of the head if i did not get out of the street when a car was coming....same thing with boating. i remember many boats on the lake i sailed slowing down to a crawl if they were anywher near me, now i cant even get the coast guard boats coming in and out of the channel to slow down and not create a wake. people see you swaying about, changing your course to hit there wake head on and they will do it again tomorrow to you or the next guy because they simply DO NOT CARE!!!!
I disagree. It may be reflection of my geography or culture, but 95% of the people I come in contact with, whether on land or water, are courteous. Of the other 5%, 2% are having a very bad day. Another 2% are having a very bad life. And the remaining 1% are natural a-holes.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook