SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dangerous Wakes Revisited
View Single Post
post #35 of Old 08-02-2011
Senior Member
Cruiser2B's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
I disagree. It may be reflection of my geography or culture, but 95% of the people I come in contact with, whether on land or water, are courteous. Of the other 5%, 2% are having a very bad day. Another 2% are having a very bad life. And the remaining 1% are natural a-holes.
must be nice where you are, here in the norfolk, va area of the US, i doubt you will find people to be so nice! if everyone in my world was as courteous as you say i doubt we would be discussing this topic at all. this wake problem happens almost everytime i head out, dock mate with Catalina 25 took green water in the forward hatch because of one these 40Ft+ sportfishing clowns who frankly doesnt care about you, your boat or your safety! Period! and if you look at the dates on this thread it is not a new problem, so either the same 1% OF A-HOLES all own power boats and are making trips to a marina near you....I would say it is a larger problem of people just not giving a crap!

whatever the issue is, there is complete disreguard for you or I in our sailboats, kayaks, whatever. i know if i had a power boat i would slow down in a channel nor would I pass by someone 20ft off their bow or stern . i think i show common courtesy, i hold doors for people, i say thank you and your welcome. i cannot however say that that courtesy is extended to me. dont get me wrong there are still nice people everywhere....just not as many! and definitely even less in our youth. This how I see it!
Cruiser2B is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome