SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kanberra gel
Thread: Kanberra gel
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011

dhays is on a distinguished road
Angry Undisclosed commercial interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailaroundtheKeys View Post
I found if on google, but the webpage is purafyairgel.com. This stuff is less expensive but smells great, like minty lemon citrus. We live and keep our Pearson in south FL where we have the damp Bahamas wind most of the season and rainy the rest of the time. I do have 1 of the solar vents. I must replace the rechargable c-cell battery every year. This combination works for us.
I'm normally a very mild mannered and polite forum member, but I have to cry ********. After I happened to see a second post by SailaroundtheKeys plugging PUR-A-FY Air Gel, I got suspicious.

SailaroundtheKeys has made 5 posts on SailNet. In 4 of them he has plugged PUR-A-FY Air Gel. In his profile he lists his occupation as "Customer Relations". Any guesses for what company?

His profile lists http//www.purafyairgel.com/ as his homepage.

SailaroundtheKeys profile says he is located in South Florida. Nature's Innovative Solutions LLC, the makers of PUR-A-FY AIR GEL, is located in Fort Lauderdale Florida.

Idiot that I am, I thought that the post I quoted above was a genuine, and unbiased, user review. It appears it was nothing more than a marketing ploy on the part of SailaroundtheKeys. My guess is that SailaroundtheKeys is really Richard C. Belmont, Owner and Manager of Nature's Innovative Solutions LLC.

Maybe I was fooled because of what he wrote above "I found it on Google, but the webpage is purafyairgel.com". If that isn't an intentional attempt to mislead, I don't know what is.

What really ticks me off is that based on his bogus review, I ordered his product! Even if his product is as great as he claims (which based on his behavior in the forum I would question), I refuse to trade with anyone who conducts their business in an underhanded way.
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook