SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Harbor in Chaos
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
Did you call the Harbormaster? I had the radio on all day yesterday and don't recall hearing anything untoward. I firmly believe the Harbormaster would have responded to a call. I think there where two Harbormaster boats out yesterday.

The racers can be overenthusiastic and go too fast but I have never seen Woodwind go too fast.

4-5 ft wakes is pretty hard to believe in Annapolis Harbor.

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant visit. I'll pass your experience along to Flip.
I agree that you're unlikely to see 4-5' wakes in the lower mooring field.

I've been both on weekdays and busy weekends and never witnessed anything approaching that level of activity. Yes a few boats cut through the mooring but they've always been at resonable speeds. I did have a front row seat to a near crash between a sailboat and a powerboat due to the powerboaters obvious lack of knowledge of the rules of the road but at least he was maintaining a reasonable speed.

I've defintely never seen either Woodwind boat cut through the moorings balls. They've always gone up one fairway or the other when I was there.

There is no question the lower mooring field will be more lively than the typical Chesapeake anchorage, but I've always enjoyed my stays there and like that its among the cheapest places you can visit and have access to some facilites.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook