SailNet Community - View Single Post - Amateur Sailor Seeks Advice
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
It just occurred to me that the inventory of safety stuff that I have aboard is a limiter for the size boat I could comfortably cruise in.

Offshore capable life rafts are huge. My ditchbag must be 2x2x1. Tools, spare parts, EPIRB, spare radios, spare vhf antenna, rig cutter, spare lines, on and on. Sooner or later, one doesn't know where to put all this stuff. What you think is necessary will influence this, of course.

Just another random thought. Be sure to secure every hatch, cover and floorboard and anything under the floorboard, such as batteries. If you get knocked over, you don't want the problem to be made worse by having no floor and heavy stuff becoming projectiles. Some just lock their drawers and doors and think they're good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 08-05-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook