SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Live Aboard Member!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011
On The Learning Curve

veprjack is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. I KNOW how it sounds like a sales gimmick, but the guy HATED to sell it - and because it's for age/health issues, it really bothered him. I think he's delighted that I'll be keeping the boat in the same area and that we'll probably become friends; I'll invite him out often - and get free lessons to boot! He already bought a 16' just to play with in the harbor, but won't go out alone any more.

I called my insurance company and they'll get back to me with a list of approved surveyors next week. There's no hurry (except I'm DYING to move in), so I'll probably just keep in on the mooring (for free, and with FREE/Unlimited Water Taxi Service - another part of the deal) until October when my slip comes open for winter. Then I'll officially move aboard. The slip I'm hoping to get is in Salem, MA - so I may name the boat "Witch Way" with a witch flying a broom? 1/2 kidding - I'll probably spend the winter thinking of a name.

Anyway, now I can stop asking newbie quesitons about what to buy and concentrate on asking newbie questions about HOW DO I DO THIS??? lol... Can you tell how excited I am? I KNEW it was THE ONE for me as the taxi was pulling up next to it - before I ever set foot on it. I loaded some pics of it onto my profile if you care to see, but here's the listing - Used 1984 Pearson 303, Salem MA - 98422369 - BoatTrader.com Yes, it's a 13hp, but will move it along at almost 6knots so...
Pearson 303 Hull #137
S/V "C'est Magnifique"
Salem Harbor
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook