SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rough weather seperates real boats from bad boats...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailguy40 View Post
Rough weather seperates real boats from bad boats...
I am not sure what do you mean:
What do you think are real boat or bad boat? If I assume correctly in the context of Sailnet culture, the good ones are Valiant, Caliber, HR, Swan, and CH etc. The bad ones are Hunter, Catalina and the bigger offender, Beneteau

I used to think that, but after intense studying the facts, I think all sailboat can survive regardless the make. The boats vanished in the seas is not because they were poorly made. Most because of human factor and "TOO MUCH SAIL" for the condition they wee in. Of course unable to reef in a timely matter can cause trouble. Yes, a well made boat may offer better mechanism to reef, etc. But you can do the modification on a Beneteau too.

There is no bad dog, only the bad dog owner.

I think our long time contributor Sailing Dog said once: The boat will survive better than those the Deck Monkeys on her deck.

Of course, WestSail has a better sea comfort than a flat bottom Beneteau. It really depends on ones's need. There is not an easy answer.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook