SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 3GMF: Mystery Drop in RPMs
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011

CapitainMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I have a Yanmar 3gmd (30 years old). Runs good except even in neutral I only get to 2700 rpm (based on yanmar tach). In gear and moving at 6.5 knot hull speed the rpm is also 2700. Engine has all new filters and exhaust elbow is good. Exhaust color is normal. Not sure what my problem is either. One thing I have noticed is that when the engine is running I do not have fuel being returned via the fuel return line. I need to look into this more. I am thinking my fuel injection pump is not putting out enough fuel. The lift pump on my engine is new.

One thing is the bleed screw on the top of the Yanmar fuel filter housing has a plastic gasket that can crack and let air in. You may want to replace.

Let me know what you find.
Some fuel tanks have a filter in the bottom of the tank on the outlet fuel pipe. If you can check the filter could be partially blocked. alternatively and may be also you have fuel lines that are breaking up in side causing a blockage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Capitain Mike
Mediterranean Sea
Cobra 850
8.68m
"Money won't buy you happiness but it will allow you to buy a yacht big enough to pull up along side it"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Please God be kind to me your sea is so wide and my boat is so small"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook