SailNet Community - View Single Post - What happens after you fall off your boat.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011
Señor Member

ottos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterGreen View Post
on my boat i have a dove tail , canoe tail, whatever you prefer, it is swept and allows for easy climbing. i understand after a fall and being in shock after all of it, it may not be easy but if i needed to i could drop the outboard to help climb on. besides that, i have a long main sheet that is fed through an external climbing micro pulley going upward. i tie it to a riggers belt with hopes that WHEN i do go over the weight of my body will release the main and give me a chance to get to the boat instead of it sailing out of sight.
Otter,
You mean you attach the mainsheet to a belt you are wearing? The picture I visualize is you being dragged, your body resistance sheeting in the main. How does the sheet attach to the belt? With a Quick Release that will release under load I hope.

Better to balance the trim with a bit of weather helm so that she'll head up into irons, then test it out... (no don't jump over, release the helm )
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook