SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working while living aboard
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeventyr60 View Post
Yes. Never owned a house, moved onto a small boat 18 years ago. Worked and saved, sailed, bought a bigger bought, left the USA 12 years ago. have lived and worked aboard in several different countries as well. Whoever made that comment had their head up their ass. Also most of the time I worked from the boat, so my commute was all of 3 seconds.....I won't get into the pro's and cons'....Worked for me. How bad do you want it? How hard are you willing to work for it? What will you give up in order to get it? Good luck
Well said. I lived aboard for 17 years while working as a sales and marketing executive. Since I was in Hawaii, suits were not required except when traveling to the mainland for meetings and such. Other liveaboards in the marina were police officers, airline crews, military personnel, technicians, musicians - a pretty fair cross section, but heavily male. It is a good life. It is better of course, now that I am retired

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook