SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you think about starting a Pacific Seacraft Owner's Association?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011

steneck is on a distinguished road
Folks,

In some ways, this forum does much of what an association would do except we do not physically meet.

However, that was not always the case. Long before I was a Pacific Seacraft owner, Mike Mitchell (now deceased) would hold PS rendezvous weekend at his Coveside Marina in Christmas Cove (South Bristol) Maine. The ones I remember were held in the early to mid 1990s I think. Nevertheless, I recall how impressive the fleet was - I suspect my envy of that fleet culminated in me eventually buying a PS 34. I do know that several boats rafted and exchanged questions and ideas. There were big tables of PS owners in the Coveside restaurant. There was a lobster feed and I suspect some alcohol was consumed.

As we consider this association (which is fine as far as I'm concerned), we might think of holding a few regional gatherings next summer. Nothing big - but it might be fun to compare notes.

If there is any interest in doing this in Maine, I can help set things up. I'll just leave it at that and see if this idea has any "legs" so to speak.

Bob Steneck
1992 PS 34 Alaria
Christmas Cove, ME
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook