SailNet Community - View Single Post - Intro from Great South Bay
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 08-18-2011 Thread Starter
S/V Wyndwitch - Morgan 24
Intro from Great South Bay

Hello all I have been lurking on Sailnet now for about four weeks and thought it propa to post an intro. We came into a Menger Oysterman 23 a year ago through a friend who had way too much going on and not enough time to care for the boat. She had been in fair shape until she crowned a dock and got half sunk.
The boat is a little skipjack based on Howard Chappelle's "Blue Crab" design. It needed a new rudder but rigging was intact and the sails were functional (and red!) It's been an adventure relearning everything I had forgotten about working on boats...(14 years away from the water) So Ive been reminded of the subtleties of West System and the itch of glass dust on a hot August night. But it has been good; Sailnet has been a great place to study and is helping me make the deliberate transition from power to sail........I suspect loving Conrad as I did it the shift was inevitable but I love the fact that once the sails are up Im "there" .......and each day I learn something and am abit more able.....
Thanks for sharing your experiences
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome