SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI: Alternative to Full Provisioning
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
My first boat was an ex-charter boat and I spent at least a month at the docks at the old Sunsail base and was amazed at the amount of food taken off the returning boats, I am certain that the cleaners supplied their families almost exclusively from charter boat contents. Most of the time charterers will end up going to a restaurant and bar instead of cooking aboard after a long day of painkillers and other beverages on the beach and won't use their onboard provisions.
There are well-stocked stores within walking distance (and carrying back distance) of the docks at Road Town, Nanny Cay, Soper's hole and Spanish Town. Less large stores with somewhat higher prices are close to Hodge's creek, Leverick Bay, Great Harbour on Jost van Dyke and at Anegada.
I usually stock up on heavy liquids and beverages and then do the rest of my shopping on the fly while in the BVI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook