SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI: Alternative to Full Provisioning
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Another thought on eating at restaurants in BVIs. There are many of them of varying quality. However, I can't recall ever eating at one on any island that I would really consider to "eat where the locals rather than the tourists eat". I have done that local program on many out islands in the Bahamas, and fully agree that it is a more memorable experience. A cheese burger and fries at Willy T's isn't very local, although, you don't really go there for the food anyway. While the BVIs are certainly built entirely around tourists, most tourist places are not like Disney. As I think about it, I'm not really sure how welcome you would be to wander into some real local parts of the island. I'm sure you can do it safely, but you need to know what you are doing. BVIers are not British and, while there are plenty of god fearing good people, there is clearly notable corruption there as well.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook