SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1973 Venture 2-22
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011

voltzwgn is on a distinguished road
1973 Venture 2-22

Good Morning,

This weekend I became a new sailboat owner, of an old sailboat. I picked up a 1973 Venture 2-22 for a low price that comes with "some work" as the previous owner said it. Actually it's cleaning up really well but will still take a lot of work as it was sitting for years. At this time my biggest challenges look to be the lack of a tiller/rudder and the winch for the keel. If anyone has an old tiller/rudder let me know i'd love to find one for sale rather than make my own but will make one if it comes down to it. As for the winch it's pretty rusted so at this time I guess I'll get it off the boat and get it up on a bench where i can evaluate it better. But in case it needs replacing if anyone has one available i may be in the market.

From what I can see there a ton of info out here thanks for sharing I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as time goes on. we're in the process of stripping everything out of the inside but would like to put her in the water just to take a run before we get into building it back up.

thanks again... jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook