SailNet Community - View Single Post - elizabethan 29
Thread: elizabethan 29
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011

Thestar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Thestar
Hi,

Sorry this will be brief about to sail.

chain plates in wet locker & toilet shaped like an upside down U frame with about 12 bolts thourgh them. Grind off the bolts if rusted keep plates in shape take to a Stainless steel fabricator ours where replaced cost about £40 each

Think about the engine / stern gear space AFTER you put the cabin back on? Ours had a large bolted down maintenace hatch in the cockpit floor... Was exceptionally good when the propshaft sheard the keyway as we approached Weymouth bridge at 8am peak hour. Lost all drive tied up alongside hatch out repaired and back underway in under two hours. Top tip :-)

Replace your hard woods with thought go to a proper wood merchant and barter Teak for the strike boards on 29ft Elizabeathan last yr was around £800 we used Sapeally my spelling is wrong but it cost £300 and was oil treated on fitting so a quick wipe with teak oil leaves it looking a million dollars.

Will post a few pictures in album here if you want more let me know or PM me if you want all the technical specs of the 29's I have all the lots on laptop.

Think dual water & fuel tanks for passage making on your scale with one way valves in the air tank breathers to keep out saltwater.

The cockpits of 29's drain slowly why not add a bilge pump.

Bilge pump automatic fitted to the last 29 after stern gland leaked 25NM out at 4am the the manual bilge blocked not an issue if your savy we where prepared. Put one at the lowest point normally under the steps leading down the saloon.

Template inside your boat using wall paper and masking tape then you can make any wood fit perfect without any waste.

Have to go being nagged will post again

Kindest Regards

Will