SailNet Community - View Single Post - elizabethan 29
Thread: elizabethan 29
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011

El malabarista is on a distinguished road
si amor

Hi Will thanks for taking the time out.
We have one water tank ss 80ltr for under cockpit locker another bow tank 50ltr and a fuel tank of 30ltr.
Your idea with the paper cutouts is great and one we will use. We luckily have pretty good contacts in the timber business due to our work and pretty good rates at trade prices. We were thinking Iroko but will research your suggestion.
The chainplates we have a in perfect condition but look like they came from a box of meccano. We have experience of being knocked down 2000 nm offshore and we like the idea of coming back up with the rig intact.
My wife survived a total of 6 knockdowns and 3 total inversions in the indian ocean ( surely a record) during a hurricane in a bennetau and the rig survived mostly intact and able to make the nearest port.
The engine hatch idea sounds brilliant. I will get my skilsaw out now.
I am unable to PM as yet but my email address is david at lavidanica.co.uk.
We should have Si Amor in her quarters in the barn near to Tunbridge Wells by the end of september we would love for you to maybe come take a look and punt some ideas around. We will eventually be looking for a mooring on the south coast as well. I have done quite a lot of sailing around the Solent but mostly in dinghies. I went through a phase of passage making in an elderly Wayfarer
with a great friend. We did a few hairy irish sea adventures in her as well.
I had better go now as i need to cook a huge chili for a family gathering.
Thanks again for your ideas
Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook