SailNet Community - View Single Post - Build Quality: Ericson, Pearson, Sabre, Tartan
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
GRR,

My cost frankly, "IS" in line with what others locally have spent at times from my marina/yc etc. this 10-20%, ie for me $2-4K of an initial coast of $22K. The problem is, some of the items cost $X, no matter the size/cost of the boat. So if you need a knotmeter, $400-600 for the unit! If you bought a 5K boat, your now at you budget for redoing things.

Frankly, depending upon the what you need to do, 20-30K would not surprise me, so that would be more in the 40-60% of your budget with out looking back on some posts. That 20-30K does not go out the door overnight, it was over 3-4 yrs, and STILL going out the door!

HERE is a link for the interior redo on the jeanneau owners site. then a link to the head redo is at the bottom of the aft stateroom redo too. Then you can see from the aft room, the change from the stock cushions to the new ones in the article. SO yes, we have done a lot, but compared to some, with in reason too.
marty

Last edited by blt2ski; 08-29-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook