SailNet Community - View Single Post - elizabethan 29
Thread: elizabethan 29
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011

sea-bird is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sea-bird
Hi David, my boat is on the south coast, I am in Dorset, i am only here for a few more days! my boat is in the water afloat, there is another elizabethan 29 in the yard here on the hard! where you will get to see the real shape! although the older and newer Elizabethans have different shaped rudders made of different materials, some wood some grp encapsulated and some just grp, so you have to look at the hull shape rather than the rudder! i find the most distinctive feature is probably the counter stern!! find some images of this to compare its not like many other boats! think there are 2 E29s on boatshed at the moment if you register with them you will get to see nearly 50 different pictures and angles of each of the boats! i can measure the boom but i dont believe it to be the original, the sail if you have any will have an E and sail number, have you any picture of your boat you could put one on here maybe we can have a look and identify it for you! if your around poole in the next few days and want to have a look give me a call 07814552418 many thanks Clare. p.s also you could look at the E.O.A if you havent already!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook