SailNet Community - View Single Post - This one's got me stumped....
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011

jackdale will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Thanks Jack... so it is an Outbound after all. Interesting because all the Outbounds we've seen down south were clearly identified.

The Perry boat I'd already sorted, just thought it was interesting enough to post.

How did your round the island trip go this year?
Had a great trip April / May.

In July we had a good sail up to Hardy. Just after we crossed the Nahwitti Bar we shut down the engine to sail. There was a huge squeal and the smell of burning rubber; we had a seized alternator.

I was concerned about being close to the shore so I contacted Comox CG. They sent the Cape Sutil out to baby sit us while we sailed back across the bar. After a great gennaker run back to Hardy, we docked under sail at the government dock and waited for a new alternator to get shipped up. It took more time than we had so we came back down the inside.

Octopus Islands was great and we had a great sail from Musket Island to Silva. We did power through Welcome Passage.

I am headed out on Friday to teach a competent crew / day skipper on Twist, the C&C 115. We will be in the Ganges area for the course; it will be crowded.
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook